From Parking Space to Living Space
Main Parking Lots - Before: Villanova's main parking lots represented nearly 14 acres of impervious asphalt... and an opportunity for transformation.
Design Concept: This rendering illustrates how the planned residence halls, University-operated retail, Performing Arts Center and parking garage will follow the gentle arc of Route 30/Lancaster Avenue and provide a stunning enhancement to campus.
Villanova University is moving forward with plans to enhance its campus along Route 30/Lancaster Avenue and turn the main parking lots into an attractive living and learning environment that will feature Collegiate Gothic style residential housing, University-operated student-centric retail, a Performing Arts Center, a parking garage and a pedestrian bridge. For the retail space, the plans call for a Villanova apparel shop, convenience store and a Bistro. The Performing Arts Center would feature academic and performance space to support the University's theatre, studio arts and music activities programs.
The four year project will:
- Address growing desire among undergraduate students for additional opportunities to live on campus
- Position Villanova University more competitively among its peer institutions and increase student and parent satisfaction
- Significantly reduce student and vehicle presence in residential neighborhoods
- Decrease traffic to and from campus and improve traffic flow along Lancaster Avenue
- Feature innovative measures to significantly improve the way stormwater is managed on and around the project site
- Greatly improve the attractiveness of the visual landscape on Lancaster Avenue
Current Project Information
Join us on campus for a Neighbors Meeting on Thursday, February 9, 2017 from 7-8:30 pm to discuss project progress to-date and upcoming activity. More information here.
Follow this link to view a December 2016 webinar that provides a project overview and update.