From Parking Space to Living Space
Main Parking Lots - Before: Villanova's main parking lots represented nearly 14 acres of impervious asphalt... and an opportunity for transformation.
Design Concept: This rendering illustrates how the planned residence halls, University-operated retail, Performing Arts Center and parking garage will follow the gentle arc of Route 30/Lancaster Avenue and provide a stunning enhancement to campus.
Villanova University is moving forward with plans to enhance its campus along Route 30/Lancaster Avenue and turn the main parking lots into an attractive living and learning environment that will feature Collegiate Gothic style residential housing, University-operated student-centric retail, a Performing Arts Center, a parking garage and a pedestrian bridge. For the retail space, the plans call for a Villanova apparel shop, convenience store and a Bistro. The Performing Arts Center would feature academic and performance space to support the University's theatre, studio arts and music activities programs.
The four year project will:
- Address growing desire among undergraduate students for additional opportunities to live on campus
- Position Villanova University more competitively among its peer institutions and increase student and parent satisfaction
- Significantly reduce student and vehicle presence in residential neighborhoods
- Decrease traffic to and from campus and improve traffic flow along Lancaster Avenue
- Feature innovative measures to significantly improve the way stormwater is managed on and around the project site
- Greatly improve the attractiveness of the visual landscape on Lancaster Avenue
Current Project Information
The Neighbors Meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 9, 2017 has been canceled.
Follow this link to view a December 2016 webinar that provides a project overview and update.